A Focus on Portraiture with Ruth Stone
Join Exhibiting artist Ruth Stone for a 2 day drawing and painting figurative workshop in the gallery. Be inspired by Ruth's own artworks while you work on your own.
Cost: $265 for entire weekend
When: Saturday June 24th and Sunday June 25th 10am-3pm both days
What you'll get: 2 full relaxing and inspiring days with Ruth Stone learning about and developing your drawing and painting skills. Model hire for the two days, tea, coffee, snacks and a light lunch.
What you need to bring: Day 1: Cartridge paper and mixed media paper 250+, pencils, charcoal, pastels etc, a drawing board (if you have one). Day 2: paints - oil or acrylic, brushes, drawing materials, painting paper and a canvas, rags palette, easel if you have one.
Day 1: Develop drawings and studies for painting the portrait. Working with a live model and still life subjects we will develop drawings, mixed media works and create experimental works.
Day 2: You will complete a painting by the end of the workshop. This workshop is for an intermediate to advanced level. We will study works by the Masters of the 21st C. You'll also learn about mixing colour for portrait work.
About Ruth Stone: On completion of her Masters of Fine Art (Research) at the College of Fine Arts, Sydney in 2003, Ruth Stone moved to Millthorpe in the Central West of New South Wales where she has been based for the past 13 years. In that time Stone has been a finalist in the Portia Geach Memorial Award (2009), the Country Energy Art Prize (2009) the Dobell Prize for Drawing (2009) and as well as the Salon des Refusés (2000, 2001, 2002). The work from the Dobell Prize for Drawing was acquired by the ING Collection for its head office in Warsaw, Poland. Stone works primarily in mixed media and oil painting, but has recently brought photography into play as a developmental aspect of the images for The Space Between.
- Currently teaching Diploma and Advanced Diploma Painting and Art History/Theory at TAFE Orange and Dubbo
- Private teaching includes - drawing and painting classes and workshops and one on one tutoring in Carcoar, Millthorpe, Orange, Bathurst, Blayney, Cowra
- 'Fearless Creativity’ I offer always, a supportive and encouraging environment and teach with joy, passion and humour
- I deliver week long artists retreats as well as one and two day workshops in residence from my Carcoar Studio
- Residencies for artists provided in Carcoar - contact me for details
- Year 12 tutoring
- I was course Coordinator in Art and Design at Bathurst TAFE for 11 years and had three years at Charles Sturt University working with schools K-12.
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of these workshops if the booking is cancelled after 16/06/2017 we cannot refund your ticket. However, we are more than happy for you to pass it on to someone else.
'Wonderful fun and I left feeling really inspired' Jo C
'Thank you for taking the mystery out of painting!' Kirsty D
'Fantastic! I learnt so much and am inspired to keep going!!' Belinda G
'A wonderful workshop which exceeded my expectations!' Lynda S.
'You took the fear out of painting, and here I am now finishing a degree at Uni and I never expected to go past TAFE Cert IV' Sylvia P